Those are two facing pages in a spread. The Tiffany's blue is expected- it's their trademark color and it's immediately recognizable. Facing it is a page with huge yellow diamond rings. The colors are simple but pure, and facing each other, they really contrast in a lovely way. The reflected yellow is almost tinted slightly blue green. It's not as visible in the scan- or maybe it's just the facing page reflecting. Either way, I'm sure it was intentional, because it's beautiful.
For my example of a bad piece, I have a Revlon ad. I don't know why, but their ads generally annoy me.
I'm sure this color usage isn't the worst in the world, but it's just too much. Too many vivid hues and the pink lips next to the yellow/orange inexplicable background just gives me a headache. Are they standing in front of a giant neon color wheel? I guess that's an awesome place for romance... It kind of looks like an elementary school picture background.
Yeah, that's hot.



No comments:
Post a Comment