Sunday, October 31, 2010

J'adore Photoshop

What you've heard is true. I do love Photoshop. It was a whirlwind romance after a difficult courtship. I thought we really existed in opposition. The tools were confusing. The commands were illogical. But our mutual friend, InDesign, really paved the way to our romance.

So there are some awesome things I've learned so far with Photoshop. I love that I'll finally be able to take off 10 (or 20) pounds from my wedding pictures. I love that I can tame stray hairs from my recent vacation pictures. I love that I can adjust the colors and lighting in fireworks pictures to make them stand out the way they looked in person- or even better. But something I love most of all is the quick selection tool. I love being able to cut an aspect out of one picture, and plop them down into another place so easily! Check it out-

Look at me- in St. Thomas-

Look at me- nowhere. I got some seriously crazy hair going on.

Here I am that time I went to the enchanted castle. You know the one, right? Okay, yes. I did get rid of my crazy hair and I slimmed down my arms a bit. But hey, while I'm working on it, I might as well, right?

In conclusion, I love this tool, because now I too can get in on internet memes like "Cigar Guy," ya know?


1 comment:

  1. I love this post Vienna! Great example of use of the program to alter photos. In the past it was always hard for me to look at a photo and determine if it had been photo shopped. After using the tool its a lot easier for me to notice.

    ReplyDelete