I was talking to my the head designer today at work about which programs she uses the most. I honestly was pretty surprised to hear that she uses them all pretty evenly. Sitting on the other side of her desk, I could have sworn that she spends more time in Illustrator and Photoshop and InDesign, but she wasn't about to lie to me.
I work for a company that makes dozens of monthly investment advice newsletters. We plan the entire layout in InDesign- import text and all other images from the other programs in there. We use Illustrator to create any graphics we use- like this one!
We also make any fun text, logo images, and text side bars in Illustrator.
We edit photos or manipulate any charts or other images in Photoshop- like this cutout!
So while this isn't an example of our newsletter, we make this page in the same way. I can't post any paid material here, but hopefully this long page can show what our designers do. I can probably also bring in some print copies to pass around next week so anyone who is interested can see it then!
https://www.fool.com/shop/secure/order-01.aspx?dc=eb6b5222-c272-4913-a105-86622398fe29&sf=0510_hybridshort&source=ipesittph0000002

No comments:
Post a Comment