You can see that they used just about every character to show the "stars" which I think is fun and attention getting. That's important for a movie poster, as they're usually tacked en masse onto construction site awnings and rented out wall space.
Another piece I started thinking about was The Beatles White Album cover. Talk about using text only- and minimally. It's hard to tell if the text or the surrounding white space is the true star- both are important for the message. Even if you didn't know the name of the album, you would know what to call it. Pretty genius.
How odd. I see a theme in what catches my eye here.


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThese are both good examples (and I really enjoyed Helvetica, for what it's worth). What do you need on a one-sheet advertising a documentary, other than the subject of the documentary itself? I agree that printing the alphabet as "the cast" was a very clever idea.
ReplyDeleteIncidentally, "The White Album" is just a nickname, and the album is actually titled "The Beatles," as it says on the cover. But it's great design, and it really would have stood out from the other LP covers in the store. The off-center text draws the eye.