I used to look at people who were fluent in Creative Suite like they were superheroes. Clearly they were blessed with some supernatural skill set not given to mere mortals. When I submitted copy at work to the designers, it was like the work went through some magical machine that made it snazzy and readable. Now I realize I'm already capable of doing most everything that they do. I mean, not the photoshop stuff, but general layout and basic design.
I'm trying to walk the line between asking for CS5 on my computer at work to help out with simple design stuff when our 3 designers get swamped, but not wanting to make them feel like after a few weeks of class, I think I have the same skill set as them. It is a small company and pretty flexible, so I'll feel it out.
ANYYYway- I have a more confidence in speaking with the designers and explaining what I'm thinking and talking through a design with them. Stuff gets finished in less drafts because I'm not leading them astray from what I need with made-up mumbo jumbo talk. Being able to speak with them on a technical level helps me feel more confident.
No comments:
Post a Comment