I love most of Guinness' ads. They've always been clever and iconic. The dark glass with the white head is a universal signifier of the Irish beer. I love how the designer used this shape to bring a monstrous vibe to the ad. This is really using the simplicity of the product creatively. One of those things I wish I'd thought of.
I also think the ads for the first season of Glee is very creative. The ads evoke a "collect-them-all" feeling- once you see one or two, you understand that they are part of a collection. The L being the universal signifier for "loser" helps the viewer understand the dynamic and the main struggle in the show without ever having seen show at all. I'm aware there's a dreaded gradient in these, but I don't think that ruins anything. The colors are so vibrant that they might be too much without the gradient leading you to each characters face and the name of the show.


No comments:
Post a Comment